04 Apr Buying a life insurance policy – Advices and Mistakes
Life insurance is a long-term solution that offers a combination of the safest form of savings, security and insurance. Life insurance policies have double benefits: provide financial protection for you and your family but at the same time provide an opportunity to save more money.
Advices that will benefit you before buying a life insurance policy:
- Ask for a professional help before the life insurance contract occurs.
- Choose a policy that suits your needs for a long period of time.
- Ensure enough time to read carefully and understand the insurance terms in detail, and make sure you ask everything that you do not understand.
- Respond truthfully to health issues that are part of the life insurance policy.
- Ask about the terms and conditions and the amounts of the redemption value of the policy.
- Inform yourself about the risks that are excluded from the insurance contract
Mistakes that you can make when buying a life insurance policy:
- Accepting an insurance policy from the first insurance company – Before getting a life insurance contract, it’s best to talk to more agents from different insurance companies. Be guided by that, that you and your family need to get the benefits that suit you. Take your time to find out the possible options to choose the right policy that suits you most.
- Making a decision without prior consultation – If you decide to assist an agent who is motivated to sell only one type of policy from a particular insurance company, you risk to get an offer that isn’t best for you. You need to know that policies differ from one insurance company to another, not only at a price, but also how they cover you. Make sure you understand all the terms, price, benefits and what you may lose if the payment plan is not realized. With a proper consultation, you can make a much better decision.
- Misleading information about ownership – The biggest mistake when people buy life insurance is that they do not properly regulate ownership status in the policy. First, make sure that all information about the insurance policy are correct and regularly update. Also, pay attention to the details, especially when divorce or death of the spouse happened and that is obligatory to tell.
- Make sure that your spouse, your children and your loved ones are covered in case something happens to you – Do not wait too long before you buy a life insurance policy. Life insurance premium amount depends on your age and health. The more you wait, the more you pay.